To obtain your registration ID "Invitation Code", please send your request to: [email protected]

ITCDiag
OBD2 Buy, OBD2, OBDII, OBD, car diagnostic, truck scanner, workshop, Chip tuning, fault code reader, IMMO
obdresource
xcar360

DiagPro3

Donate and Help Forum

After DONATION send EMAIL to ADMINSTRATOR HERE.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rheingold PTT Passthru Tool J2534 vehicle not identified
BMW 
Hi Group,

I really need some help.

I am trying to connect Rheingold 3.45 (on VMware 12) to a Pass Thru Tool (PTT) Snap On Pass Thru Pro II (which is basically a Drew technologies J2534 Pass thru). I have tried all the instructions from the forums (thanks to sweetsam) to modify my ediabas.ini to make this work.

Here are the steps I have followed:
"step 1 start install bmw standard tool 2.12 with check box ,inpa ediabas , ncexpert ,winkfp, choose std:obd for hardware for interface ,com 9 for com port ,finish and restart pc ,now after restarting pc you have to install you tool drivers (passthur) ,then install pttbmw vxxx (i prefer v2.1) open start>all program>bmw passthrud >passthrud configration and select your tool from the list check in k-line support for 115200bps press launch confing tool complete by pressing ok , now open program file >bmw ag >passthrud > make copy for all files in this folder exept ediabas.bin file and past in c:\ediabas\bin\replace all files with the copy you made , use ediabas configration tool to chanege from std:obd to passthrud ,start Rheingold and open setting select vci config select EDIABAS STANDARD SITTING and close setting , work done"

The BMW config for PTT 2.1 drivers recognizes my tool on ip *USB1. If I have ediabas.ini set to "std:passthrud", I can see my tool trying to communicate (yellow light flickers) but unable to identify the vehicle (2008 E90 and 2002 E65).

I have the vci option in Rheingold set to "ediabas".

Do you know what ediabas.ini settings or what else I need to change to make a J2534 Pass Thru Tool work with offline Rheingold, ISTA/D.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried so many different settings my head is spinning.
Thanks given by:
do not understand, why you do not buy on Ebay K + DCAN USB interface. Costs only 20 dolar and works better than that.
Thanks given by: Diagnostix

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
BMW step by step how to connect passthru tool with bmw ista-d ( Rheingold ) sweetsam 0 5,269 06-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Last Post: sweetsam