Thank You For Your Registration AP Forum!!! We Wish You A Good Time AP Forum!!!

ITCDiag
OBD2 Buy, OBD2, OBDII, OBD, car diagnostic, truck scanner, workshop, Chip tuning, fault code reader, IMMO
obdresource
xcar360

DiagPro3

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rheingold PTT Passthru Tool J2534 vehicle not identified
BMW 
Hi Group,

I really need some help.

I am trying to connect Rheingold 3.45 (on VMware 12) to a Pass Thru Tool (PTT) Snap On Pass Thru Pro II (which is basically a Drew technologies J2534 Pass thru). I have tried all the instructions from the forums (thanks to sweetsam) to modify my ediabas.ini to make this work.

Here are the steps I have followed:
"step 1 start install bmw standard tool 2.12 with check box ,inpa ediabas , ncexpert ,winkfp, choose std:obd for hardware for interface ,com 9 for com port ,finish and restart pc ,now after restarting pc you have to install you tool drivers (passthur) ,then install pttbmw vxxx (i prefer v2.1) open start>all program>bmw passthrud >passthrud configration and select your tool from the list check in k-line support for 115200bps press launch confing tool complete by pressing ok , now open program file >bmw ag >passthrud > make copy for all files in this folder exept ediabas.bin file and past in c:\ediabas\bin\replace all files with the copy you made , use ediabas configration tool to chanege from std:obd to passthrud ,start Rheingold and open setting select vci config select EDIABAS STANDARD SITTING and close setting , work done"

The BMW config for PTT 2.1 drivers recognizes my tool on ip *USB1. If I have ediabas.ini set to "std:passthrud", I can see my tool trying to communicate (yellow light flickers) but unable to identify the vehicle (2008 E90 and 2002 E65).

I have the vci option in Rheingold set to "ediabas".

Do you know what ediabas.ini settings or what else I need to change to make a J2534 Pass Thru Tool work with offline Rheingold, ISTA/D.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried so many different settings my head is spinning.
Thanks given by:
do not understand, why you do not buy on Ebay K + DCAN USB interface. Costs only 20 dolar and works better than that.
Thanks given by: Diagnostix

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
BMW step by step how to connect passthru tool with bmw ista-d ( Rheingold ) sweetsam 0 5,412 06-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Last Post: sweetsam